Join Our Mailing List

Please enter your email address below.

Manuscript Library

Welcome to the Booth Library manuscript index. 

The manuscript index contains links to finding aids for the collections of the Booth Library.  Each finding aid has a description of that collection along with a listing of the items within that collection.  The Booth Library staff and volunteers are updating the index daily in order to make your research experience more productive.

The Manuscript Index is arranged alphabetically by collection name.  To access a finding aid, please click on its name.

To search the Manuscript Index for a specific research topic, please enter the term into the Search Library Box below. 


Please keep in mind that many collections have not been inventoried while others are currently in progress.  If you have any questions regarding the Finding Aids or the Index, please contact the archivist at archivist@chemungvalleymuseum.org

Collection TitleSL SlidesCreatorBooth Library
Processed ByPat Wainwright
Extent
Abstract


Filter by:
TitleDocumentBox NumberFolder NumberLocation
These slides are of the Black History Project in 1989: "video" committee meetings; oral history group (3); slide of person that Gretchen Soren interviewed (2) (maybe Howard Coleman); E.B.I. students doing oral history transcriptions (8).Slides D 2BLACK HISTORY PROJECT01
These slides are of the following churches: stain glass window, possibly 1st Baptist (6); unidentifed Christmas decorated church (4); a modern brick one story with s large cross on end; a modern two story with a large cross on end of building; Elmira Christian Center, c 1950 history article (3): Elmira Christian Center, architect drawing of new building, 1981; Elmira Christian Center building, 1986. SlidesD 1Churches53
These slides are of floods in Chemung County: 1889 Flood - Main St. bridge & Water Street; 1902 - East Water St. near Baldwin; 1946 - Water St. near Baldwin, Star-Gazette Building; 1972 - Flooded countryside. SlidesD 1Floods01
Sleeve contains the following slides of the 1972 Flood: flooding along Water Street; Damage to Elmira Savings Bank, P & C markets and various homes; helicopter at Arnot-Ogden Hospital; clean-up effort along Water St.; views of flooding in the countryside. SlidesD 1Floods02
Sleeve contains the following slides of the 1972 Flood: flooding on 100 blocks of West Water, W. Gray, W. First & w. 2nd; flooding on Walnut Avenue; house off its foundations, Buck Hill Road, Millport; flooding in various residential areas. SlidesD 1Floods03
These slides are of Horseheads; New York Route 17, four lane before 2000; interior of the Horseheads Historic Society Museum, 1986 (old Methodist Church); exterior of the Horseheads Museum, 1986 (old Methodist Church).SlidesD 1Horseheads01
These slides are of the hospitals and health facilities: County Health Facility building (2); New York State Psychiatric Center, Williams St., Elmira, 1986 (2); protrait, Marianna Arnot Ogden (2); postcard view of Arnot-Ogden; Gleason Sanitarium; Silas Gleason, portrait; Rachel Gleason, portrait; 1926 cornerstone dedication at Arnot-Ogden; operation room, Arnot-Ogden; Arnot-Ogden entrance; Arnot-Ogden Emergency Entrance, c. 1980's; Arnot-Ogden Emergency Room; Arnot-Ogden patient's room; 1986 County Home, Breesport (2); litho of Gleason Sanitarium.SlideD 1Hospitals02
These slides are of the exterior of the CCHS: brass metal plaque of The Chemung County Historical Society (located one on each side of the portal) (2); two metal furmace doors, 1985; close up of the portal and the two medal plaques (2); close up of the sign, Chemung County Historical Society on west side, 1984; 1995 front view showing street lights with banners (2); front and west side; 1999 front and east side, with trees; summer 1998, county painters working on exterior (3); front at night (3); side entrance, 1995; side enterance, June 17, 2000; front, 1999. SlidesD 2415 E, Water Street02
These slides are of the 1991 Elevator Project in the Chemung Valley Historical Society Museum. They feature the Board Members and guests at the ribbon cutting ceremony.SlidesD 2415 E. Water Street 28
These slides are of the exterior of the CCHS building from 1800's to 1994: 1993 construction on side of wing with the main entrance, wagon with large wheels; 1982 view of front and east side of building as shown from parking lot across Water St.; 1988 view of west side of building, a rainbow in the east; front and west side, 1988; west side, showing sign of Chemung County Historical Museum, also side of front portal 1989; arched window, 1989; portal facing Water St., 1982; arched window with Christmas wreath, 1989; front, 1994; east side of building towards Water St., 1994; close up of the CCHS sign; east side and front; east side and front, 1982, also shows Goostery's (2); front; front and west side, 1988; close up of portal and windows. SlidesD 2415 E. Water Street01
These slides are of the exterior of the CCHS, 1982-93: new sign, HISTORY-CHEMUNG VALLEY-MUSEUM (3); long distance view of the east side; east side; east side, north end before construction, 1986 (3); front wing, 1982; front (2); east side, 1985; line drawing, 1982; east side before construction; east side of front portal, 1982; front facade (2); close up of front portal. SlidesD 2415 E. Water Street03
These slides are of the interior of the museum building: old maintenance room, 1992 (3); boiler room; 2nd floor hall, 1992; collections (4); Archive/Research Room, 1991; exhibit room 1984; moving into 415 E. Water; Directors office; Education Room; newly carpeted upstairs meeting room; coatroom in use during school tour; upstairs staff kitchen and bathroom; 1996 reception and gift shop.SlidesD 2415 E. Water Street08
These slides are of the renovations inside and outside of the former Chemung Canal Bank from 1978-1981. There are also photos of the outside of the building taken prior to renovations.SlidesD 2415 E. Water Street10
These slides are of the renovations of the building, 1978- 1986: 1978 plans for layout of building (4); 1986 interior demolition; shelving and storage area, 1981; $10 bank note for Chemung Canal Bank; collage of documents pertaining to the bank; painting and finishing work (4); view from CCH roof to Gerard building; demolition of 2nd floor rear; 1978 west view of building; 1978 line drawing of front facade of building; 1980, red, white, and blue sign for Chemung Canal Bank; east side of building (2). SlidesD 2415 E. Water Street11
These slides are of the former home of the Chemung Co. Historical Society when located on William Street and of the renovations of the new home on E. Water St.: front view of 304 Williams St., 1980; a small building on Williams St., 1976; 1978 floor plan; interior renovation, front gallery; east exterior of 415 E. Water St.; packing up at 304 William St., 1981 (3); Paul Boright, helping with the move from William St.; exterior renovation (6); boilers.SlidesD 2415 E. Water Street12
These slides are of the renovation of the museum building from 1978-1982: interior renovations (9); basement vault found (orginal); drawings of floor plans (6); Arthur Reeds' shop, exhibit cases (2); 1981 WSKG interview with President Gridley.SlidesD 2415 E. Water Street12
These slides are of the 1978-1988 renovation of building at 415 E. Water Street: electricians (2), drawing of renovations to be made in building, 1982(#3); 1985 renovation (2); NYSCA '88 Capital Grant; interior (#6); 1986, west wall (#7); 1978 plan (#9, #10,); 1984 plan (#11, #12); 1978 plan (2); 1978 line drawing of facade of building; 1985, wide outside door; boiler doors, 1985; interior room, 1985. SlidesD 2415 E. Water Street13
These slides are of the renovation in 1981 of 415 E. Water Street: exhibition area, 1981; Arthur Reed's Shop, exhibition cases (6); floor plan; 2 saw horses; workmen and interior windows(4); 3 ladies in one of the rooms being renovated; workman (2); Greek Rivival door trim, 2nd floor; 2 men in suits looking over a renovation; new boilers.SlidesD 2415 E. Water Street 16
These slides are of the 1878-1982 renovations of 415 E. Water Street: 1987 exterior view of the building; exterior with scaffolding on the 3rd floor; outside, 1982; interior demolition; 1979 floor plan; wheelbarrow loaded with bricks, exterior, 1979; interior, 1981 (4); Steele Library video work of interior, 1982; 1978 floor plans from H.S.R.; 1982 interior; workman working on floor, 1981(2); Boy Scout cleaning the 2nd floor, 1980; finished room, 1980; 2nd floor electrician, 1980; director's office bookshelves, 1981.SlidesD 2415 E. Water Street16
These slides are of the 1979-1985 revnovation of the building at 415 E. Water Street: view of the lower roof's repair from the third story roof, 1979; Steele Memorial Library video crew, 1982; WSKG interviewing President Gridley in the Bank Gallery during renovation, 1981; 1980 interior (2); 1985 exterior view of building, 1985; historic radiators, 1981; Paul Boright, 1982; 1981 interior; 1978 plans in H.S.R., 1982; exterior of arched window, 1985; March 1980, interior of Chemung Canal Bank (2); front door entrance to Bank Gallery exhibit area, 1982; J. Waite and Mike Curcio, architects, 1981; Cadwallader, main office, 2nd floor, 1982; 1980 interior; 1980 interior; 1981 interior.SlidesD 2415 E. Water Street17
These slides are of the renovation of 415 E. Water Street the new home of the Chemung County Historical Society: 1978 floor plan; William St. building, 1980; east side of building with scaffolds, 1979; third floor skylight, 1978; workmen in the Bank Gallery, 1981 (3); third floor room, 1980; 1902 bank vault, Dec 1981; 1982 Bank Gallery; workman on ladder outside a third floor window, 1982; room with supplies, 1981; view on top of roof, 1979; third floor hall looking towards stairs, 1980; floor plans, red sticker 4; room renovation, 1982, red sticker 3; scaffold on front edge of east side of building, summer 1980; scaffold on west side between buildings, 1980; memorial plaque, 1988. SlidesD 2415 E. Water Street18
These slides are of the renovation of 415 E. Water Street the new home of the Chemung County Historical Society: 1978 floor plan; William St. building, 1980; east side of building with scaffolds, 1979; third floor skylight, 1978; workmen in the Bank Gallery, 1981 (3); third floor room, 1980; 1902 bank vault, Dec 1981; 1982 Bank Gallery; workman on ladder outside a third floor window, 1982; room with supplies, 1981; view on top of roof, 1979; third floor hall looking towards stairs, 1980; floor plans, red sticker 4; room renovation, 1982, red sticker 3; scaffold on front edge of east side of building, summer 1980; scaffold on west side between buildings, 1980; memorial plaque, 1988. SlidesD 2415 E. Water Street19
These slides are of thd 1979 renovations of 415 E. Water Street: outside of building before renovations, June 1979; view of roof, 1979; collections storage, 1980-81; Reeds Cabinet Shop; workers in Bank Gallery (3).SlidesD 2415 E. Water Street20
These slides are of the 1981 opening reception of the remodeled Chemung Canal Bank building for the Chemung County Historical Society. The slides are of patrons, and decorations in the Bank Gallery Exhibit Hall.SlidesD 2415 E. Water Street23
These slides are of 1981 opening reception of the remodeled Chemung Canal Bank for the new home of the Chemung Valley Histrocial Society. Shown are the patrons, and decorations in the Bank Gallery Exhibit Room.SlidesD 2415 E. Water Street24
  Next>>  Last>>

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Gallery Hours

Monday - Saturday 10a.m. to 5 p.m.
Closed Sundays

Research Room:

Monday - Friday 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Research Fee: $5.00 per day for non-members
Free to members of the Society and students

The Museum Shop:

Open during regular gallery hours.

Address:

Chemung County Historical Society
415 E. Water Street
Elmira, NY 14901

Contact Us:

Phone: (607) 734-4167
Email us: cchs@chemungvalleymuseum.org

Connect With Us:

Facebook Our Blog Tumblr History Pin

Admission:

$5.00 - Adults
$3.00 - Senior Citizens (over 55)
$1.00 - Students (6-18)
FREE - Children Under 5
FREE - Members of the CCHS

Group Tours Call For An Appointment

We are wheelchair accessible
©2017 Chemung County Historical Society. All Rights Reserved. Website Design by inCommand Technologies